Author: Linda Hoyland
Characters: Aragorn, Arwen, OFC
Summary: Aragorn finds the summer heat hard to endure,
Word Count: 500
Author's Notes: For Challenge 307 “Summertime, and the livin' is easy: True or False?”
Hope to see some more entries! :)
Fandom: Sherlock Holmes
Warnings: Belongs to a convoluted AU that I'm working on. Some of you know it as "Cordelia". Others of you are lucky enough not to know it. I hope this story is comprehensible anyway.
Word Count: 100
Author's Notes: For Challenge 307
Summertime, and the livin' is easy: True or False?
Remember that, even though we tend to be a fic comm, art is allowed as well.
Your story must follow Comm Guidelines.
You may enter as many stories as you like provided they are in different fandoms.
Stories must be written for this challenge.
The challenge will end FRIDAY, JULY 25th at MIDNIGHT in your time zone.
Please comment to this post or PM one of the mods if you have any questions, or any prompt ideas for future challenges.
Here are some updates about the comm:
1. I am tabling the Team Challenge for the foreseeable future. I don't think it's reasonable to expect we still have two or three teams' worth of people waiting to be active at the moment. Please comment to this post if you have any thoughts about this.
2. In July quite a few of this comm's member's (myself included) participate in the watsons-woes July Writing Prompts challenge. So you'll probably be seeing lots and lots of ficlets over the next month. We will still have a July Challenge here, which will be posted shortly.
3. We plan to have challenges from July through September as normal, the other fanworks challenge for October, Prompts in November, and the Drabble Exchange in December.
Let the writing begin! (again).
Hello, lovely Great-Tales-ers!
This is an explanation for and of our first ever Team-oriented, Three Month challenge!
1. PARTICIPATON: Since this comm began running three years ago, we have had ups and downs participation-wise (real life . . .*sigh*) but generally, it’s been awesome! We have challenges every month for writers, but we have comm members who may or may not write, but comment on literally EVERYTHING -- thoughtful, interesting comments, too! -- and we want to recognize them, too. And of course, we also want to encourage more participation.
2. MULTI-FANDOM-NESS: This is a multi-fandom comm. Thus far we have nearly 100 fandom tags, so I think we can say fairly that it really is multi-fandom. But on the other hand, there’s a lot of Sherlock here, folks. Can’t say I really mind, but ideally this comm would be less Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Miscellaneous Fandoms that it really is. :)
Everyone who signs up will be split into one of three teams. (Excellent team names to be chosen by the teams themselves.)
Each team will have a team leader with minimal responsibilities to be discussed in the sign-up post.
Between April 15 and July 15, your team will be able to earn points, and the team with the most points wins. We will post every other week with the teams’ progress.
The winners will receive a personalized copy of a super-awesome banner made by someone. Unless the banners are made by me, in which case it will be an amateur banner created with inept, but sincere, love.
You will be able to earn points as follows:
COMMENTS (only on a story not your own):
- 3 points for your first comment on a story
- 4 points for the first ever comment on a story
-5 points for voting in a challenge, provided you have commented on every story in that challenge.
-2 points for posting a story (either that you’ve written, or as a recommendation)
-3 points for entering a story into a challenge
-5 points for posting a story in a fandom with five or fewer taggings
-7 points for posting a story in a yet un-tagged fandom
In case of ambiguity (for entries or comments), you will received the highest number of points applicable.
Signups: March 26 - April 7
Team Assignments: April 9
Challenge Begins: April 15
Please comment to this post with questions, comments, and especially suggestions. We want this to be fun for YOU, so tell us how we can make it so!
We'd love to see some more entries!
And don't forget that we are exceedingly happy to give extensions to any and all who request them. Just leave a comment to this post, or the original challenge post, or PM me or eanor, and we will give you an extension.